Thursday, January 22, 2015

Jan. 22 {pretty, funny, happy, real]

1. Pretty: I love the floral postage stamps and floral prints of these Cath Kidston fold & mail stationery. Do you match your stamps to your envelopes? I just ordered some new stamps so I'd have a better variety to choose from. The local post office only ever seems to have U.S. Flags. It's fun to receive mail with a little more pizzazz, don't you think?
Letters & Cards ready for mailing
I had an idea I'd make bookmarks to send friends and family for their birthdays this year. They turned out pretty large. I'm going to tweak the process a little bit for the February birthdays.

January birthday friends
2. Funny: #ChipotleEveryDay it's not just a hashtag, it's reality. I live 17 miles from the nearest Chipotle. I place an online order once a week, pick it up, and put it in the fridge for my daily lunch/dinner. I love that their ingredients are completely gluten-free (other than flour tortillas). It's great to have this little convenience.
Mmm, guacamole.

Seriously, every day.
3. Happy: Happiness is a full fridge. I'm trying a new routine. On Mondays, after the kids leave for school, I order Chipotle online and drive down to Whole Foods for the grocery shopping. You can't beat the beautiful containers of cut fruit and veggies and so many gluten-free options. Then I swing by Chipotle for my rice/beans/meat order pickup and I'm done shopping for the week. 

A full fridge: It never lasts, but it's good while it lasted.

4. Real: The Bill. This grocery/Chipotle run was about $200 and most of it will last a week. This is not the cheapest option, but it's the more convenient option and keeps me from resorting to drive-thru or pizza as often. It's a busy season of life. Last night I made alfredo pasta with meatballs, tonight will be vegetable soup. Rarely do we sit at the table together to eat. Homework, rehearsals, swim lessons, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment